À La Prochaine is an environment that promotes culture and diversity through thoughtful published posts as well as shared experiences and dialogue from readers. It aims to dispel cultural misunderstanding in a positive, safe, and supportive space. The goal is to encourage readers to be more tolerant and receptive to ideologies that may initially seem strange or uncomfortable.
To maintain such an atmosphere, we must all do our part to respectfully exchange ideas and engage in meaningful dialogue.
All comments are moderated by me. Due to a demanding personal schedule, comments will generally be posted within forty-eight hours if they adhere to the following guidelines:
- Comments should have some relevance to the original post.
- Comments advertising UNRELATED websites will NOT be approved. This is to keep the conversation fluid and consistent. Related blogs are always encouraged, and if you think your blog or website relates to À La Prochaine, please contact me. I will be happy to include you in the blogroll.
- Comments promoting SEO or money-making applications that will gain me followers will NOT be posted. Please, I’m not interested.
- Comments must be respectful. Bullying will NOT be tolerated.
- Vulgarities and offensive language will NOT be tolerated. ALP tries to keep this space somewhat classy.
Please keep in mind when commenting:
- Mistakes are human. If I forgot to put a comma somewhere, or I’ve misspelled a word, please be forgiving. This is not the New Yorker. I don’t have a staff, and I edit everything myself. While I make every effort to publish quality work, I’m not perfect.
- I’m still learning. I’m not fluent in French, and I’m not an expert in French culture. If I’ve portrayed something incorrectly, please be patient. I welcome courteous and constructive feedback.
- À La Prochaine is not my full-time job. In fact, I do not make any money with this blog. I have a wonderful career outside of this world, and I try to balance both alongside a marriage and other special relationships and interests. While I try to strive to publish one post per week, that’s not always possible.
If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, I invite you to contact me.